Monday, January 2, 2012

Need more practice

Or different colors. This is a technique using gold embossing powder and and an embossing folder to make the background. Easy enough to do, but I don't care for how it turned out.
To make the background, cover a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of dark cardstock with Versa Mark, then gold embossing powder and do the heat thingy. Next step was to emboss with an embossing folder of choice. I was ok to this point, but then I was to sand the whole thing so that the dark color of the CS showed through and the gold looked antiqued. Lost me there. I guess I just need to do more of them, or perhaps a different folder... I had a hard time adding something to it. If you look through my blog, you will see that I don't do a lot of embellishing. I prefer CAS, so I went with the tag. I used gold ink and then a transparent embossing powder on the sentiment which made it stand out more.  While not legible here, it does show up very nicely in person. The sentiment: Cherish yesterday, Live today, Dream for tomorrow. A nice sentiment to start the year with. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Looks good to me...I haven't given it a try yet. Hoping that this weekend will be a crafting weekend:) I signed up for so many swaps over at SSSD...what's new right???? I can't resist LOL