Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beyond my comfort zone

This is the Easter Blessing themed sketch at Scrapbook Place Challenge Blog.


This sketch is more than I like to work with.While I might work with this many pieces, they aren't usually spread out.  So this was a real challenge for me.




The background is a new technique for me using paint and liquid inks. It was for a technique swap at SSSD. Easy enough and messy but fun to do and no two papers are alike, I did four 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.

The little butterfly is SU and was punched from another piece of the background paper that I made.
The image is a From the Heart digital stamp. I really like working with digital stamps. The flowers in the upper right are from the same digi. The sentiment is a clear stamp from Stamps of Life. The band across the bottom is a sheer ribbon.
There you have it, my contribution to the Easter Blessing sketch at Scrapbook Place challenge blog.

Thanks for stopping by. Take Care



8 comments:

Pammie said...

Joyce, What a great job you did, your card is lovely. I am so happy you challenged yourself beyond your comfort zone... That is what these challenges are for... Thank you so much for participating.

Hugs, Pammie

Dell said...

Wow! This is so pretty. Love this card.

Jacquel said...

Well, it may be out of your comfort zone Joyce but you made a really cute card! That technique is pretty awesome that you used & I like the color combo....sometimes it pays to challenge ourselves doesn't it!

I hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend with your loved ones!
Hugs & Love Hun!!!!!

Sarah Souza said...

This would be a challenge for me too! You did a fantastic job!

kel Acopan said...

that is super spread out... i would have a hard time with it too. but i think you did a great job :)

Unknown said...

Very cute, love that image and it's colored perfectly!

Tania said...

Joyce, great job. I wouldn't even try a sketch like that. I'd be way too intimidated. Wonderful card.

Jennipher said...

I think you did a great job with the sketch. Lovely card.