Friday, June 14, 2013

Welcome little one

I've never done a baby card of any kind. However, when I saw the Free Stamp of the Month from Delightful Inspiration, I had to make one.The image is Sea Turtle Beach and I think it is adorable.
 After downloading the image (thank you Faith) I opened it in Word. I then re-sized it, placed it where I wanted it on my page and printed it out. I then cut the page to make a card base 5.5 x 4.25. I printed several copies of the image in order to cut out mom's shell, the starfish and the seashell. After coloring with pencils, I pop dotted these items While it doesn't show, I used some sparkly markers on various parts of the image. The sentiment was computer generated.
Now that arrow stands out like a sore thumb,doesn't it? This was the card I made for the "mystery" swap I'm in. I had to use an arrow and didn't have any creative arrow moments, so there sits the arrow There were three arrows to use, so I slipped the other two into the card and sent it all to my partner.  I hope she likes my card and can use the arrows. The arrows were a real challenge for me.

3 comments:

Tania said...

What a sweet card. I love the way you've coloured the image. I like the arrow.

Jennifer said...

Aww, this is such a cute welcoming card! Thank you for joining us at Delightful Inspiration {from the heart}!

Imke said...

Awesome baby card !

Thanks for joining us @ Delightful Inspirations {from the heart}