Thursday, February 27, 2014

Birthdays

This month's digi at From the Heart Inspiration is a cute birthday bird that looks a bit worried. It was a challenge for me. To color him required some dexterity with shading which I don't do well. I have no patience. So I paper piece. Everything is cut out and pieced together. The only coloring I did was with Stickles, the candle flame, candle wax on the side and the purple stripes.

 
 Inside
 As I look at my card, I feel that there should be something in that bare space on the left. I have thought of putting "Be Happy" or "a little bird told me its your birthday" But that doesn't really fit with the inside sentiment. Even as I write this, I'm still not sure my card is finished.
As you can see, I left room under the inside sentiment for a personal note.


This is my contribution to the From the Heart monthly digi challenge. Now its your turn, even tho there is only a day left.

In any case, go over and check out the wonderful entries.
Thanks for stopping by.  Take Care





8 comments:

Jackie said...

I really like that image Joyce & you've colored it so nicely...love the inside sentiment too LOL!!! TFS!!!

mypurplehouse said...

Great job with the paper piecing - I have a hard time with white space too, but it really looks good :) Thanks for joining this month's SOTM challenge at From the Heart Stamps!
Lyn

Kristie said...

I love that bird :-)

Great job with the paper piecing, I really like the texture of the paper you used.

Joyce Casaldi said...

Very cute!

Sarah Souza said...

What an adorable card! TFS!

Dell said...

This is just too cute!! Made me smile when I saw your card.

Pat said...

Another cute card-I like your paper piecing. I too struggle with white space, but I think it looks great just the way it is.

Tania said...

Oh my goodness... so cute! Great sentiment. Love the image & your colouring of it.