Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Christmas in July, again?



Everyone seems to be doing Christmas in July. Even the Hallmark channel is doing a Christmas in July moviwa on the weekends this month. Yes, I like the Christmas movies they have, even the ones I have seen several times. And Your Scrapbook Place is no different. YSBP isn’t doing movies, but they are doing a Challenge. The challenge is to make a Christmas card using non-traditional colors. No red, white or green as dominate colors.
Faith at From theHeart Stamps free digi of the month challenge has the perfect image. It’s called Winter Friends. Last month I said that I might discontinue entering the free digi challenge. But, As you can see, I used FTHS free digi for my Christmas card using non-traditional colors (although I do have a lot of white). 


The colors I used are SU Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar and Bermuda Bay. Normally I wouldn’t put these colors together, however, I got them from the color coach. For the snowman, I flocked the earmuff, then cut the arms from brown card stock and used Stickles for his buttons. 
There it is, my entry for the free digi challenge at From the Heart Stamps and Christmas in July Again at Your Scrapbook Place challenge.

4 comments:

Sarah Souza said...

Wow, this is a really sweet card! Love it.

Imke said...

I´m so happy to see you again - right decision :-)
Adorable card and i like your color choice and the little embellies are great.

Thanks for joining our SOTM July Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Kristie said...

This is adorable and I love the colors you used! They do work well together with the winter image you used!

Kathy said...

Joyce, this is so soft and pretty, love the non traditional color scheme. Thanks for playing along with us at FTHS monthly progressive challenge!