Saturday, September 22, 2012

I have a Gypsy. I've had it for about three years. Seems like forever, because I have never figured out how to use it, it didn't come with instructions. I went to a weekend crop at which there was to be a class on the basics. Class never took place because the one teaching wanted all of the Gypsys updated. Not possible since we didn't have internet. So no class. I did figure out how to turn it on and how to link my cartridges.
Fast forward to this past week. I was blog hopping when I ran across a challenge that interested me, but you had to use the Gypsy to enter. I made a comment about how pretty her card was but I couldn't do that. She e-mailed me and offered to teach me how to use my Gypsy. I jumped at the chance.
This is where I first saw the window card I wanted to make.

This is the card I ended up making.



Thanks to Kathi (who is now a friend), I have made a card using my Gypsy and a window card at that. The card she was walking me through had one item in the window. Since I'm working on a patterned paper swap and I needed another card, I decided to make the window card for the swap. I was using Christmas paper, so it had to be a Christmas card. I won't tell you that it took me eight hours just to get the foundation of the card cut out. I had a horrible time getting the two boxes together and not have my Cricut cut both of them or neither of them. When I finally got a foundation all in one piece, the rest was easy. And I have two layers instead of one. 
I would like you to go over to Kathi's blog, Design Originals and see what she has going on. You will also find a link to The Paper Cabana challenge blog. I missed the window card challenge, but I'll be ready next time. 

Thank You Kathi, you rock!

5 comments:

Created by Kathi said...

So happy to help you and I don't think I could figure out how to make this card... YOU ROCK JOYCE!!! Thanks for sharing with us your EXCELLENT work! Kathi

Sarah Souza said...

This is a beautiful card. So much dimension!

Dixie said...

Wow Joyce! Just beautiful! All your hard work certainly paid off :)

Jacquel said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!! I love it Joyce...TFS!!!

Dell said...

Beautiful card and congrats on getting to know your Gypsy.