Monday, July 19, 2010

Its Sunday night/Monday morning and I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing weekend. It was a nice, quiet one for me; I worked on swaps all weekend. 

I signed up to do an element for a baby boy page. My element is a poem. As you can see, that isn't a baby boy, but I don't think of tiny, fragile, and newborn when I think of baby boys. So, this is what I came up with. My Cricut and I worked for hours, Cricut cutting, me gluing. Ten of everything, hat, hair, face, body, need I go on? I enjoyed the hours I put in creating my work of art. I used the Everyday Paper dolls cartridge, flocking for boy's hair, brad for pup's nose and a piece of hemp for the leash. I also heat embossed the shoes. I assembled ten units with each  requiring 12 pieces to be glued together. 

Now I must go put together a frame for a baby girl page. I'm not too sure what I'm going to do, but I will use a little girl rather than a little baby. Hmmmm, a princess maybe? Will have to check the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge to see if there is a princess. 

Thank you for stopping by. Take care

4 comments:

*Sally* said...

This is soooo cute! I really must save up for a cricut!!!

Michelle said...

oh joyce..this is beyond adorable and wonderful!
i need to use my cricut more often.. youve inspired me!

TFS!
michelle

Unknown said...

so cute.

Michelle VP said...

How sweet! Love the leash you added. :)