Tuesday, July 13, 2010

 We went camping this past weekend. The weather was great and the lake water wasn't too cold. I dipped my big toe in to check. The grands went swimming and didn't complain, but then they never do. The deer and quail were well represented in the campground. I took a few pictures, however they aren't clear enough to post. I took three pages to work on and I worked on them! All in all, it was a nice weekend. Wish I could have stayed longer.
 
This mouse image was sent to me to color and make into a card. I was then to send it back. I kept putting off coloring the image cause I just didn't know quite how to do it. I ended up using my water pen together with Color Box Petal Point Classic ink pad for the mouse and the leaves. I still didn't like the mouse, he just didn't look right. I ended up flocking him. I also used glitter pens for outlining in the leaves. I was happy with the card when I sent it off.

The layout on the card to the right was a sketch challenge. I really like doing the sketch challenges. The print paper, of which there is very little, was a scrap. I really like it for the openness of the print and the variety of colors (of which you can only see the green). The colors I used for my card are a perfect match to the colors of the print. I don't have an eye for color and will often use a print to aid me in choosing colors to put together. It doesn't always work out, but if I like it...
 I hope you like my cards and all comments are appreciated. Thank you for stopping by.  Take care

No comments: