Friday, June 10, 2011


The card on the right was made using the sketch on the left for an SSSD swap: Sketch with a Picnic theme. 
I was going to use some paper with ants all over it, but couldn't find it. Then decided I would use a Cricut cut. Hee hee, I don't have a cartridge with an ant or anything really picnicy on it. Forget the ants. Try for watermelon. I cut the watermelons from a print paper and the kids and melon are from a sticker set called Summer Picnic by PC. I'm not one for using stickers even tho I have loads of them. But those kids are so cute and the stickers matched the theme... 
The checked paper is my idea of a tablecloth.  I used a border punch for the scollops. Needing embellishments, I put tiny black gems on the large melon and the seeds on the small melons is Stickles. I sure hope the person I sent this card to likes it.

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Great sketch & card! The images you used are very cute & the patterned paper is perfect! Very nice work & TFS!!!

Anna K said...

You did a nice job on the card! Don't you just hate it when you have an idea but can't find the supplies you need or just don't have a Cricut cartridge with it on it? The tablecloth was a very good idea and looks great.

Dixie said...

Your card is adorable, Joyce! I love the tablecloth with the scalloped edges, great idea! Love how you did the seeds, too!

Jennipher Lowery said...

Love the images you used and the open scalloped border.

~Laurie said...

Absolultey adorable! Makes me want some watermelon!!